PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!! Karsten cheek rest on Choate Tactical

scnewt
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a clue on getting a Karsten cheek rest onto a Choate Tactical and keep the swivel studs. I will be hunting and climbing into tree stands with this rifle so the swivels are a must!!! Thanks in advance for the help.

sharpshooter
08-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe I'm not seeing this clearly, but why would swivel studs have any effect on a cheek rest?

bootsmcguire
08-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Maybe I'm not seeing this clearly, but why would swivel studs have any effect on a cheek rest?

I believe the studs are in the side of that stock instead of on the bottom like most others. I think he's worrying that the Karsten will be in the way since it straddles that area and may cover up the sling studs.

scnewt
08-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Yea, thats the problem. The studs are on the side of the stock instead of being on the bottom. I went ahead and removed the studs and put the rest were I wanted it. I am still trying to figure out how to get my studs back on and through the cheek rest with out having to make major modifications to the rest. I was searching the net and I found the RAR picatinny rail by Choate. It mounts onto the bottom of my stock where a swivel stud should be. I guess if all else fails I can buy it and get a swivel stud for a picatinny rail.

sharpshooter
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
You could install a flush mount swivel on the bottom.

axio
08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I was able to do it but I did have to cut off material from the Karsten's rest. I used a Dremel to make the cuts. Pic below should show where.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5257/5486696798_64be8c8e86_z.jpg