PDA

View Full Version : Smiling from ear to ear!

mugsie
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Just a quick range report. I finished my bedding job yesterday. Thanks to all the input from here I did a lot of reading, order the components, and started my bedding job. I am a true believer.

The bedding couldn't have been easier. Took it to the range today and was extremely impressed with the results. Bedding the rifle really tightened up the groups. I would never have believed that the results would have been so dramatic, but the were. From about .75 to 1" at 100 yards, I'm now down to .3 or so for 4 round groups. What an amazing difference. I will now begin bedding my other rifles.

Thanks everyone.

mtang45
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Great! Its always fun to hear success stories. What kind of stock?

gotcha
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Nice work mugsy!................ But don't tell bigedp51......... He'll have you installing musical tuning forks in yur action. Evidently its something that was done before the advent of the brass cartridge case but shortly after the Chinese invented gun powder. Hope you have more success stories ! Dale

davemuzz
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah.....BigED for sure will have you putting tuning forks on your coffee mug!!! I now have one on the radiator of my Cheby truck....and I don't even know why!! ??? ::) :-\ ;D

bigedp51
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Mr. gotcha and Mr. davemuzz

You two Commie pinko perverts really need to find a Princess to give you both a big kiss.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/bigedp51/smileingfrog.gif

gotcha
08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Muzz, Don't look now but we're being followed by an old guy waving a raggedy axxed Enfield & a pair of tuning forks

GaCop
08-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Nows, now, now..............let's play nice or I'll take away your tuning forks and the Longbranch.

oneeyeross
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
But, is that fork A at 440, C at 1024 or what? But that is probably in another thread somewheres.

What kind of stock was that you bedded?

mugsie
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
The stock was a SSS LVT stock. Prior to the bedding it was "ok" but not where I thought it should be. It was a donor Savage Long Action (300 Win Mag) with a Shileen barrel and a Callahan recoil lug (.250 ground), with the accutrigger (although the previous owner really mushed up the adjustment spring - I need to replace the one in there). Bedding it made a world of difference. Now on to my 10FP and 12 BVSS - (just two more in line waiting to be bedded - although they both shoot fantastic as they are - but why not bed - I enjoy doing it and the results are great). Hell, I'd bed the AR's too if I could figure out how!

davemuzz
08-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Muzz, Don't look now but we're being followed by an old guy waving a raggedy axxed Enfield & a pair of tuning forks

I know.....I know......just make sure your more than a thousand yards away when you hurl nasty comments at him......'cause I think he just may hit you with that crusty 'ol pipe he calls "a classic." :D