PDA

View Full Version : savage 111 7mm rem mag

kurt5153
07-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Hello there, I got an option to get a rifle stated above. Guy says it has only 3 shots down the tube. I was just woundering how good they are out of the box n of there's anything I should look for when I check it out, thanks!

kurt5153
07-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Anyone?

rsbhunter
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Each rifle is a toss of the dice...while most are 1" or alot smaller at 100, some (all makes) throw shotgun patterns! Ask why the guy is selling...then take the answer with a grain of salt..but unless it has been abused, they "normally" are quite accurate..The 7 mag is a great long range, and normally, VERY accurate cartridge........check for what the going prices are for that model/caliber, and if you are happy with his price, buy it....If it doesn't shoot what you think it should, join the club...we have all bought rifles that were a disappointment, or a happy surprise....rsbhunter

jonsrm125k5
07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I cant speak for the 111, but if I brought my camera more often for a shooting/ sighting, I would show you what my 114 Americna classic can do. They are really nice rifles. Wouldn't worry too much, except for one thing: recoil. I made the mistake of accidentally thinking my scope had enough relief (never worried about it until all of a sudden, bang, and got an eyebrow touched). I prefer wood stocks, but the Accustock, seems like something of a serious improvement. Have fun with your rifle!!

jim36
07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Kurt
A couple of weeks ago, I stopped at the candy shop and found a 111 with the accutrigger and a blk. comp. stock. Managed to get the price down to $200. So it followed me home. On the way home I got to thinking about all the improvements I was going to make to my new toy. You know, new Stockys stock, new trigger, new bolt handle and new metal trigger gusrd. Well I went to the range the next day to see what it would do without any modifications. After sighting in, she s would shoot a clover leaf at 100 yds. Well now, I ain't gonna do anything to it. ;D Not gonna touch it. It's a 30 06 and I was shooting reloads. 165 gr Nosler bal. tips with 56 grns of H 4350. All I did was polish the bore with JB bore past and adjust the trigger. I think it was a great bargain. But, you know "BARGAINS WILL PUT A MAN IN THE POOR HOUSE." ;D
Jim <")))><

kurt5153
08-01-2011, 01:24 AM
awesome! thanks guys, well its in a trade and price wise im making out on top with everything included! i didn&#39;t get to ask the guy why his letting it go but on the other forum it seems hes more in too hand guns (pistols). soo i meet with him on Wednesday to check everything out n if all goes well well go threw with the trans action and ten days after words (sadly in California) ill post pics even tho im pretty sure you&#39;ve all seen one!