PDA

View Full Version : where to find 338 spectre barrel or reamer

Pages : 1 [2]

D.ID
09-08-2011, 10:37 PM
That is a cool guide for trail boss and makes me think allot of cartridges I never considered could be possible If the twist was fast enough in the barrel, Thanks. I am still looking in to it for a 338 as someone somewhere has to have tried it before. And.... Thanks for the input on the acc ,it is beginning to look like a likely candidate as it is everywhere. The 9mm cans are only marginally cheaper if at all over a thirty cal can but they are allot lighter. As far as the 9mm upper is concerned, it is my not so humble opinion (that I can't resist sharing), that the effective accuracy range of the cartridge is so limited as to be silly if you have a subsonic round with superior energy and flight stability like the aac or spectre. It may just be me but my 9mm will connect the dots at 30 yards and keep them tight in a 4-6" group at 60 yards but at 100 yards I am lucky to hit a one foot target more often than not and incredibly lucky to even connect with that same target at 200. Good loads, Good gun, appropriate optics, good position and shot with all the seriousness of a precision rifle. I have never found a load that would allow it to be used in that capacity. So at least as a shoulder fired weapon....I am done with the 9mm If I am going to limit shots to 60 yards I'll just use the old 12 gage scatter gun......9mm rifle=novelty item ...... just my experience your milage may vary. Thanks again..............Duke

Spectre236
09-08-2011, 11:35 PM
You might want to give SBR another try. I talked with them concerning the .338 Spectre and according to them they have the reamer and are the only shop that can do the work because it is a proprietary cartridge. They are setup to do Savage barrels. Hope this helps and would be interested in the results as I am considering this also.

D.ID
09-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Was that recently? I left two messages, sent emails and tried calling several other times to no avail but I suppose I could try again. I think the spectre would still be the Ideal but had pretty much given up on them. Guess I'll try em again........Thanks

Spectre236
09-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes it was Tuesday I believe. I called them early right as they were going to work and they answered the phone almost instantly. I forget the name of the person I spoke with but he was very informative and helpful. Hope you have better luck this time.