PDA

View Full Version : 375 H&H

Cavtrooper94
07-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a 116 Weather Warrior in 338 Win Mag. I believe it is called the FHAK model but may be off on that. It has the accustock, acutrigger, and adjustable muzzlebreak. I really like the rifle. I would lie to have its exact twin made in 375 H&H. I haven't been able to call the custom shop because i'm in Afghanistan, but whoever answers their Facebook page said they wouldn't make a 375 H&H even though it appears as an option on their website. Does anybody know how I could build what I'm looking for or who would build it? Where would I get one of those adjustable muzzle breaks?

Thanks

skoger
07-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Que Industries makes an adjustable muzzlebrake, they were the ones who sold the Browing the boss system. I have put several on over the years. Best thing is, you dont have to thread the barrel. Just measure , I think, 1.5 inches back from the muzzle, and order the break accordingly. They have a collet type that just taps on with a a special steel ring, that you heat with a heat gun and a laser thermometer to keep tabs on the heat, to their specs, ring shrinks up and then screw the brake on. Usually cuts recoil by 30%. The brake has 100 total clicks of back and forth adjustment for harmonic dampening, IE finding the sweet spot. They retail for $185, takes 10 minutes to install. Will only go up to a heavy sporter weight barrel. YOu can find them on Brownells website, where I usually order from. Great service too, and thank you for your service.

Hammer
07-26-2011, 08:28 AM

For the what little it's worth dept...

I have a Savage Custom Shop 375 H&H.

They have made them.

Stainless-steel action and barrel. Synthetic stock.

Cavtrooper94
07-26-2011, 09:55 AM
The muzzlebreak on both of my savage rifles is not like the BOSS. You can simply turn it on or off. There is no harmonic tweeking. Anybody know who makes that break? Its on my 338 as well as my 111 LRH. I think i saw them on a couple of the striker pistols too.