PDA

View Full Version : Just keeps shooting right?

Pages : 1 [2]

harro
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
G'day

Buy some Burris Signature rings, and a selection of inserts that go in them (5,10,20 moa) if you can't get the scope lined up with them, then there is something really wrong with that action.
If you are having to shim your old rings to get the scope lined up then you are probably not getting full contact between the scope and rings, that causes stress on the scope, and the next problem you will have is your scope will not track and adjust correctly.Burris Signature rings are some of the best rings you can buy in my opinion because even if you are not having the problems mentioned above it means you don't have to lap your rings.I would buy some and then adjust your scope to its central postion (half way on both it's windage and elevation) then try different combinations of the inserts until you find a combination that is the closest when you bore site the rifle at about 25 yrds.

Thankyou for your time

harro

I have just realised I probably didn't explain that very well.The inserts are usually used to acheive different elavation settings but they can also be turned 90 degrees and adjust windage as well I hope that makes sense