PDA

View Full Version : help w/ SSS trigger

gotcha
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Has anyone installed one on a Stevens 200 LA ? Installation instructions show a pretty muddy photo of the "old style" trigger housing w/ barely legible notation: " front side cut " ( I think ! ) Can someone tell me what this drawing is refering to?............ Note: my trigger bracket doesn't look exactly like the one in question, but does have the same through hole pattern. If someone can shed a little light on this issue, I'd sure be appreciative ??? Thanks, Dale

82boy
07-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Has anyone installed one on a Stevens 200 LA ?

Yup, done many of them. I have always just droped them in without any problem.

The picture should look exactly like your trigger hanger, because the Stevens uses the old Savage style hanger. What you may be referring to is the picture of the accu-trigger hanger bracket, that had to be cut away for the older style SSS trigger to fit through. See the little bumps on the back of the trigger they are legs, and sit on top of the trigger bracket, then align the hole, and place the screw in. Remember that the screw hole will not perfectly align, this was done on purpose, just as long as you can get the screw through it is all that matters.

gotcha
07-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks 82 boy! The instruction sheet I have has two small muddy photos showing old style & new style ( accu-trigger ) brackets. Plus a larger muddy photo of the accu-trigger bracket showing the area of metal removal w/ dimensions of cut. Also muddy & illegible. Having the old style bracket I still have no idea what the notation on the old style bracket ( I.E., front side cut) refers to or means ??? Thought maybe it was calling for some sort of mod. like the accu-trigger bracket. So I took you at your word & installed as you described & yep, the holes don't line up, but the mount screw self- taps. ( good thing) After futzing around w/ it for about an hour I got the pull wgt. down to 11 oz. & still safe. The trigger will still go much lighter ( I had it breaking @ 6 oz.) But will be fine for now as I'm not sure how accurate my trigger pull gauge is. So, better safe than sorry!............. VERY nice trigger mounted in a crappy bracket ::) Dale