PDA

View Full Version : Time and True accuracy Improvements???

kennyg
07-23-2011, 02:56 PM
This is a question for those of you who have had your actions trued up. Have you seen any improvement in accuracy? I have read about the process offered by SSS and others, and have heard lots of testimonials about the smoothness of the action, decreased bolt lift, etc, but what about actual measured accuracy before and after?

kennyg
07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
anyone?

r29l20
07-25-2011, 03:44 PM
My guess is no. Unless there was an issue with the action before. Sorry no one is responding.

82boy
07-25-2011, 04:13 PM
This subject was coverd just 6 days ago. You may have gotten a lak of responce, do to confusion, or something else.
Here is the link to the same question asked and answered 6 days ago.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,43422.0.html

kennyg
07-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the link, I read that thread and it sounded like no one had actual verified improvements in the accuracy department. I wonder if anyone has done a 'before and after' test? I know it couldn't hurt accuracy, but my funds are limited.......

82boy
07-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the link, I read that thread and it sounded like no one had actual verified improvements in the accuracy department. I wonder if anyone has done a 'before and after' test? I know it couldn't hurt accuracy, but my funds are limited.......

I believe Fred has, he is very scientific with his experiments. I do know he has experimented with short action, vs long action, vs repeater, vs single short.

kennyg
08-16-2011, 03:55 AM
any idea what the results were? I have talked to Lisa a couple of times at SSS, but Fred has always been busy working so I have not gotten to ask him any questions yet.