PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick in removing the trig assy from the receiver?

mugsie
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
My previous posts indicated I'm going to bed my receiver into my SSS stock. I'm trying to do as much reading and over thinking now before the Devcon arrives Monday (that's when I start). I was wondering - since I have to remove the trigger assembly, how do I do it? Is there a simple way to remove the trigger assembly so I don't end up with a zillion parts all over? I checked Google and did a search here also, and there's nothing specific to removing the trigger assy. I'm sure I could figure it out, as I'm sure all of you have lots more experience than me and can help with some short cuts or watchout for's.
Thanks.....

ShaneG.
07-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I would suggest taking a few pics of it before you take it apart. That way you got something to reference when re-assembling a few days later.

bsekf
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
There is just one pin to push out, and one spring to fly. Suggest you put a plastic bag over the whole thing before you push the pin. Take some pictures, it will make re-assemble easier.

Bill

jsthntn247
07-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I would suggest not taking it off just to bed the action. If you were going to bedd it then paint it would be worth it. I just finished bedding mine 10 minutes ago and I left the trigger in for the first time. It went just as smooth as the times I did it before when I removed the trigger. I had fits with my stevens trigger not long ago and swore I would never take a trigger off unless I had to.

leather5to1
07-22-2011, 10:02 PM
The first half dozen or so savages I did I left the trigger on and just electrical taped it good. Then I started pulling them off. They are very easy to take off, I always use a long punch that will take the place of the pin and keep everything in place. Then I can slowly slide the punch out and catch the spring, for the record it doesn't come flying out just falls out. Either way you can get good results, just is easier to clean everything up with the trigger removed.

mugsie
07-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Leather - or anyone else,

Anybody have a description or some pics - or a link to some pics?

Thanks....

barthmonster
07-23-2011, 08:13 PM
every time I gen NEAR a spring it flies to infinity and beyond... I never see them again lol

leather5to1
07-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm away at my cabin, when I get home tomorrow or monday I can get pics up. I have one apart on my bench now, but its really not that scary, the remington 700 is a lot worse.

mugsie
07-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Leather - I'll be starting the bedding project Monday night once the Devcon arrives.