PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with FCN 111 30 06

frontsight
07-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello and hope someone here has some helpful advise.

I just purchased the Savage 111 FCN 30 06 and took it to the range to today for break in/sight in. After 12 rounds the bolt will no longer close to the lock position. I was using store bought Remington 165 grain ammo, nothing specialized, and swabbing after every two rounds fired. After the the 12 th round the bolt no longer would close to the fully locked position. The only activity after the 12th round besides cleaning was tightening down the scope a BSA Contender 4x16.

I have removed the bolt and re-installed, but same result every time. It looks like the trigger is not releasing. The bolt goes in but stops halfway to the fully lock position. Full safe mode cannot be achieved at this time.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, looks like I'm contacting Savage on Monday and shipping it back.

TIA

ESSCEE
07-17-2011, 04:44 PM
check the scope and the action screws to see if they are protruding into the action too far and stopping your bolt replace or shorten if needed. If that does not work I am sure someone more know ledgable will chime in.

frontsight
07-17-2011, 06:02 PM
check the scope and the action screws to see if they are protruding into the action too far and stopping your bolt replace or shorten if needed. If that does not work I am sure someone more know ledgable will chime in.

Ya know....I shoulda listened to that little voice...hahaha....yep you nailed it. I THANK YOU!! ;D for amplifying that voice in my head. I was too busy thinking it was a trigger issue and not starting from the beginning. Many thanks.

--w