PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Boyds discriptions

yooperamoungtrolls
07-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Ive been looking at the Boyds website for a replacement stock. Discription says Left hand stock Right hand action... does that mean it is in reality for a right hand gun but has the cheek piece on the other side??? Need some clarification from those that have one.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-08-2011, 06:08 PM
From the sound of it, I would say the cheek piece is on the "right" side of the butt stock and it's cut for a "right" hand action. Bolt handle and cheek piece on the same side. So that means that if you're a lefty, you're working the bolt with your "right" hand. Or, pick up the phone and ask them. ;)

seanhagerty
07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
There you go. Get the answer from the horses mouth. Call Boyds!

Nor Cal Mikie
07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Or better yet, order a right hand stock with "no cheek piece" and shoot it from either side. Problem solved. ;D

r29l20
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes, the stock is made for a left handed shooter, and inletted for a right hand action.

SMK Shoe
07-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, the stock is made for a left handed shooter, and inletted for a right hand action.

+1
I'm a lefty and find the right handed actions on a left handed stock to be about perfect. All the work is done with the right hand, working the bolt, removing the casing, loading the next round and adjusting the rest. Left hand never comes off the rifle. Very comfortable.

Giturgun
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
My 112 Sav stock in 25-06 did the same thing . I thought The problem was a bad scope or an evel gremlin had moved in . Rifle went from a 3/8 at 100 gun to a 2 inch at best overnite. If you got a laminate better look at it real close . Mine now resides in a Choat ult Varmint. Don't think the Aluminum will crack.