PDA

View Full Version : Any one else waiting on Pacnor?

Samdweezel05
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Jut wondering if any one here has had a longer than expected wait recently from Pacnor. I was told back in the beginning of March that it would be 10 weeks but It might see it sooner. Now here we are at the 16 week mark and still nothing. I called 4 weeks ago and was told that my barrel was rifled, chambered and stress relieved as of the week before that. I was told it was set to be finished in the next couple of days after I called. That means that they haven't managed to contour, thread and crown it in 7 weeks? The wait doesn't bother me but I would like to get an accurate estimate of how long the wait will be. That's one of the reasons I went with Pacnor as they had the shortest lead time. Lots of other places are advertising 16-20 week wait, or more, but I hear people getting there stuff when they were told they would.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Might have something to do with the time of year? Folks getting into shooting and building?
Ordered one of mine and was told 14 to 16 weeks. Got a call that it was ready to go after 8 weeks. 8)
Just be glad it wasn't a 6 month wait like normal when they get busy.
You could always call them and cancel your order? Better yet, go mow the grass and be surprised and glad when it shows up. ;D Patience is a virtue. 8)

Terry Balding
07-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Please call them.

I bought two barrels from them in the past 6 mo., both were delivered on time.

Samdweezel05
07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Might have something to do with the time of year? Folks getting into shooting and building?
Ordered one of mine and was told 14 to 16 weeks. Got a call that it was ready to go after 8 weeks. 8)
Just be glad it wasn't a 6 month wait like normal when they get busy.
You could always call them and cancel your order? Better yet, go mow the grass and be surprised and glad when it shows up. ;D Patience is a virtue. 8)

This has nothing to do with waiting. I don't care how long I have to wait but if the job is going to require 20 weeks then that's all I need to know. I called today and left a message. Penny called me back about 5:30 my time. I was told that the barrel was built incorrectly and had to be done a second time. She said they did a .262" neck instead of the no turn .272" that I asked for. If they had called me when they messed it up and told me what had happened I would have gladly taken the .262" neck and turned my brass. They do have my phone number as I didn't leave it on the message when I called today.

I am sure Mike that you have spent a heck of a lot more money with Pacnor than me and that would explain the quicker turn around time and phone calls when you stuff is ready, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't ever expect to be one of there high end customers but I would hope that any one that placed an order could get an accurate wait time quoted to them.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-06-2011, 09:00 PM
To be real honest, I don't think it has anything to do with me ordering more barrels from them then the next guy. Me a "high end customer"? I like the sound of that. 8) 8)
They had a problem and were working on getting it corrected. Maybe they should have called you or maybe not. That's in the past.
Just looks like you're in a holding pattern till it shows up. IMHO, still one of the best barrels going and well worth waiting for, no matter how long the wait.
When I order, I forget about it till it shows up, then I'am a happy camper. 8)
If they thought it was going to take 20 weeks, I think they would have said so going in. Mistakes happen. Good thing they didn't ship it with the wrong neck. Even tho you wanted a no turn and would have settled for a .262. They didn't know that ahead of time and were trying to get the order straight. You probably would have been upset that it came that way? Not what you ordered. >:(
Sounds like they're trying real hard to make things right.

Ordered up a Shilen and it got sent wrong. They (Shilen) went out of their way to make me happy. Took a lot longer (anothet 3 weeks) to get because of the mistake.
Just roll with the punches. No use getting all wound up over something you have no control over. Life's "way" too short for that. ;D

trappst
07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Don't worry Phil! My first Pac-Nor was way late too. The original barrel was messed up....then damaged in shipping. Long story short, Pac-Nor made me a new barrel on their dime.

If I have the funds, Pac-Nor is definitely on my go-to barrel maker list!!!

yorketransport
07-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I feel your pain. My Benchmark is on week 21 of my 10 week turn around time. ::) The last one took 18 weeks.

Just keep telling yourself that it will all be worth it in the end.

Andrew

rsbhunter
07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I just recieved my 6xc(Pac-Nor) barrel 2 weeks ago that was ordered in March, promised in 8-10 weeks!! But, then again, it does show REAL promise of bug holes.....still waiting on a Krieger...ordered right about same time......This (building Savages) is not a game for impatient people, of which i am not just a member, i am the PRESIDENT!!!!!!!! I now have 2 barrels out, one being nitrided, after being sent to have the leade lengthened, and then sent to be muzzled, and the Pac-Nor out with the leade being lengthened...the Krieger will be finished chambered, muzzled, AND nitrided....probably ought to be finished in about another TWO months, after i get it!!!!!! God this is KILLING me!!!rsbhunter

oosickness
08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Pac Nor just hit my back account last night, so i am assuming they are shipping my super match #4 30-06 to me soon