PDA

View Full Version : Trigger guard question.

r29l20
06-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Can anyone tell me if the size is the same between the ss trigger guard & the plastic guard on the stevens? I see I'll probably have to shim the front, I just want to make sure I don't have to carve up my stock to get it to fit. I inletted my stock to fit the plastic guard, but would like to replace it with a ss guard if possible. :)

JCalhoun
06-25-2011, 11:56 PM
They should be very close to each other.

dfwbob
06-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Can anyone tell me if the size is the same between the ss trigger guard & the plastic guard on the stevens? I see I'll probably have to shim the front, I just want to make sure I don't have to carve up my stock to get it to fit. I inletted my stock to fit the plastic guard, but would like to replace it with a ss guard if possible. :)

I think if I had to mod something, I would take a little off the trigger guard and not the stock. I would hate to ruin either one, but if I did I know I would rather replace the cheaper and possibly the easier of the two to replace.

Now if your talking the factory stock then maybe I would mod it.

Good luck with your project.

GaCop
06-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I just replaced a plastic guard with a metal one and it dropped in place with no modifications to the factory stock. If you modified your wood stock, a few washersfor spacers may be required to bring it to the correct level.

r29l20
06-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys. :)