PDA

View Full Version : lightweight high rings

rsbhunter
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Thought about weaver rings, but better ask first...who makes affordable (not like Talley) 1" high, light weight rings,,,,,,doing a light weight build, and i normally use Warne..but they are stout, and heavt....so any help....rsbhunter

GaCop
06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Take a look at the Millett's and see if they will work for your application.

jpdown
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Not sure from your post why the Talley's Lightweights are out (Price? or Apperance?). I've tried several quality ring and base combinations on my Savage lightweight build and nothing in steel is going to be as light or well made IMO. Natchez recently had the Talley lightweights on sale for $29.00. Shipping is a were they hose you. I tried the med. height rings first and found they were slightly too high for natural eye alignment with a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 x 36, or Leupold VX-II 3-9 x33 ultrlight scope. Switched to the low rings and they were just right.

rsbhunter
06-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I will admit, i thought the Talleys were alot higher, should have researched before i opened my mouth...Thanks for the heads up on the pricing...those will probably be what i buy, as long as nothing else is alot lighter...Thanks again, this is why i am a paid member....the people here are the best....rsbhunter

Went to the Talley sight, what i am looking for is the rings that are used on the picatinny rail...they seem to be higher in price, maybe i'll save more and buy these

jpdown
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Check "Cheaper than Dirt". They had the lowest price $36.01 (included shipping) I could find. They Talley lightweight rings are a alumminum alloy and weigh just 2.3 oz for the pair. The Extended 1-piece alloy mounts give you more scope tube mounting room on a Savage SA, especially if your going with a compact scope.

rsbhunter
06-22-2011, 11:07 PM
JP, Thanks for the heads up...if they will work on the weaver picatinney rail, i'll order them...rsbhunter

jpdown
06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
The Talley rings I'm talking about will not work on a weaver or picatinney rail. The base and ring are one. Sorry for the confusion.

The Millet aluminum detachable rings would most likely be the lightest if you want to use a picatinney rail.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/jpdown/lws_big_1.png http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/jpdown/prod_DetachableAluminumRings.jpg

r29l20
06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Leupold rifleman rings. :)