PDA

View Full Version : wood stock screws

870 ExpressMag
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Planning on ordering a wood stock from Boyds pretty soon for my stevens 200 LA SF...it says on there website that their stocks were created with stock screws from wood stocks which are longer than synthetic stock screws and that the longer ones are available from savage....does anyone know right off hand what exactly i need to order, maybe part #'s? thanks for any help

Slowpoke Slim
06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I got a trigger guard and screw set from SSS with just a phone call. Had them in less than a week.

870 ExpressMag
06-20-2011, 09:40 PM
already got a trigger guard, just need screws

Eric in NC
06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
1/4x28 hex head screws from ACE and cut to required length.

pdog06
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Best bet would be to wait till you get the stock to see what type of head you need on the screw.
You'll probably be heading to your local hardware store for some long screws that you can cut to fit. If you do that also get a 1/4-28 nut to thread onto it before you cut it, as it will help straighten out the threads where it is cut.

You would think that Boyds would just sell these with the stock for an extra $10 or something...

GaCop
06-21-2011, 04:22 AM
+1 on screws from ACE or True Value. They're stronger than the factory screws. Get the 1 1/4" for the front and 1.5" for the rear. You'll have to do a bit of grinding but it's worth it in the long run. Factory screws are soft, I twisted the head clean off a factory screw the other day.

rjtfroggy
06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
http://www.mcmaster.com
Try here every screw size and style you will need in black or stainless. If interested they also have the 1.5" level vials for when you are mounting your scopes or bedding an action.
I have ordered from them in late afternoon and had my items the next day,may not be the cheapest but they have everything you could possibly need when it comes to nuts & bolts.