PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger keeps locking up...

AK4900PA
06-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a 112 BVSS that is still new and unfired. I attempted to dry fire the rifle the other day and the safety blade in the trigger was locked up. I tried racking the bolt over and over again, soft and hard, and it keeps tripping the safety blade. I thought maybe the trigger was set too light, so I took the barreled action out of the stock to increase the trigger weight a bit. When I took the action out it set the trigger perfectly each time I racked the bolt so I left the trigger weight alone. As soon as I put the action back into the stock I was back to the same problem.

The only thing I can figure is that I need to inlet the stock a bit more to allow the trigger assembly to function properly. Everything worked just fine when I bought the rifle a few months ago. I can't figure out what changed.

06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I have had to do some extra inletting on 2 aftermarket stocks to get them working correctly. You would hope it wouldn't be a problem on a factory rifle, but stranger things have happened!

3DHUSKER
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Wood stock? Humidity will do that. Rework the triger area when its humid and you will be ok

Got Diesel
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
The trigger is set a little too light from the factory. Take your adjustment tool and tighten the trigger up just a half turn or so at a time until it works properly.

jpdown
06-21-2011, 12:14 AM
The trigger assembly is contacting the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw when you put the action in the stock and tighten it down. Inlet the stock a little deeper just above the rear trigger guard screw. If you tighten the rear trigger guard screw too much it can raise the wood/composite material in that area It took me a little while to figure it out the first time it happened to me.