PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use a Robertson composite?

VjjR
06-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I just discovered them, I'm wondering if they inlet for a savage, if not who would?

http://www.robertsoncomposites.com/stocks/hunting/silhouette.php

Trent
06-19-2011, 05:22 PM
The stocks made by Roberston Composites are incredibly popular amongst the silhouette competition community. The stock you linked to is a silhouette stock, and it is designed specifically for offhand shooting. You could use it for other styles of shooting as well but where it shines is in offhand. Mainly to do with the high cheek rest and the drop at the heel. Would also serve well as a hunting rifle stock.

Here is a photo of the stock you linked to but with an action installed.

http://nesika.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/light_Hunter.jpg

I don't know if they inlet for Savage, but the stocks they make are incredibly well made. I am in the process of building a semi-custom silhouette rifle with a Model 12 target action and a Shilen barrel and I am considering going with a RT Original (designed by Mark Pharr) that is shown on their site as well. I already own one and love it.

VjjR
06-20-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm thinking for a hunting rifle. they list it as an extremely light at 22oz prior to inletting.

jsthntn247
06-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Bill's Customs gun smithing down from my house will only use these stocks. I think you can get them uninleted and have your gunsmith do it for you. Any ideas on how much these cost? I was scared to ask.

VjjR
06-26-2011, 02:52 AM
U have to send your rifle to them to laser scan so they can cnc the inlet. All said and done after that with swivel studs, 2 colors, and decelerator pad would be 609+ shipping. But compare that to a manners or mcmillan... or i think u can get just a blank with none of that for like 310 and do the rest yourself. I'm not certain on any of this information just what i have been told or read.

jsthntn247
07-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Stopped by my gunsmiths today who is a dealer for Robertson's Composites. He had a few of their hunter, and gunwereks stocks for sale. They have to be the lightest and stiffest stock I've ever held. It couldn't have weighed much more than a pound. $650 + tax. ouch.