PDA

View Full Version : Blind Mag wont go back in!!!

classic.rocker978
06-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Well I took the sucker out and now it doesnt want to lock back in place. Just falls out of the stock if I tip it upside down... How do you get these to stay in place?!

northlander
06-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Are you reusing the "magazine retaining clip"? If so, you may need to increase the tension on the clip where it engages the stock (bend the tab a little bit further).

Jim Briggs
NSS

classic.rocker978
06-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Okay yea that got it, just wanted to make sure thats all that was needed to be done. Thanks.

MT4065
06-18-2011, 10:39 AM
JB is right on. That rear tab has to br reajusted to create enougt tension to hold it snug. Should have interjrcted carefullu in there somewhere.
Now the most famous line on this site, I dont mean to hijack this thread BUT, Has anyone tried to come up with a mod for better mag box fit and
way to attach to action ? Was thinking about modified rear "L" clip tiged to rear of box or something. Other of course than
1. use only CF actions.

2. Use only mag feed actions.
3. Stop Whining.

4. Go back to MAUSERS (attempted humor)

rjtfroggy
06-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Thin strips of wood epoxied in mag well to hold in place,or bed the mag in place with what ever bedding material that you prefer to use. Either way you could discard the "l clip" when done.