PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Lefty Mark II FV-SR

zoldaman
06-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Well, the Mark II FV-SR looks to be like the perfect bolt action 22LR, except that there isn't a lefty version of it. Is it possible to get a vanilla LH rifle and put the shorter, threaded barrel on it? Or, is there a way to get a Left Handed version of the Mark II FV-SR from Savage? Anyone have any luck with either one of these methods?

fordwannabe
06-19-2011, 05:40 AM
I just got a palin ol Mark II with a dark wood stock in lefty and had a machinist shorten and thread my barrel. With the thread protector on it from a couple feet you can't see anything but a shorty lefthand 22 but with the can on it, it sure does look mean. You talk about fun!! with my warlock supressor and Aquila super colibre it is louder DRY FIRING THAN SHOOTING A 22 LOAD. just what I did being a lefty in a seriously no fun gun club.

Cycler
06-29-2011, 10:19 PM
For reasons that escape me, the only left-handed Mark II's Savage offers are the bottom of the line Mk II GL (blue, sporter weight barrel., hardwood stock) and the top-of-the-line Mk II BTVLS (Stainless steel, heavy barrel, laminated thumbhole stock). Why there is nothing in between, I don't know.

Kraash
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I just got a palin ol Mark II with a dark wood stock in lefty and had a machinist shorten and thread my barrel. With the thread protector on it from a couple feet you can't see anything but a shorty lefthand 22 but with the can on it, it sure does look mean. You talk about fun!! with my warlock supressor and Aquila super colibre it is louder DRY FIRING THAN SHOOTING A 22 LOAD. just what I did being a lefty in a seriously no fun gun club.

Can we lefttys get some picks of that?