PDA

View Full Version : Axis DBM availability

usnavyvet
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Can someone shed some light on the general unavailability of the box magazine for the Axis? I have not found a source for additional magazines from any vendor including Savage. Why are they so scarce?

Balljoint
06-16-2011, 04:39 PM
What do these DBM magazines look like/how many do they hold

usnavyvet
06-18-2011, 01:44 PM
What do these DBM magazines look like/how many do they hold

Well, they're nothing special, they hold 4 rounds (308) and are standard parts on any edge/axis rifle. But if you do a survey of the gun suppliers, from able, to buds to savage, to midway, no one has these in stock. and they haven't for as long as I've been looking. Since I posted, I did find some in Camo available at savage. Not a match for my rifle, but I'll paint the cover/clip.

I sure hope that nothing breaks on this rifle, if this is an indicator of Savage's spare parts availability.

Herman
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM
There are a bunch that sell them, but seems to be everyone is out of stock. Even Savage - https://store.savagearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AXIS

Update - I did find several sites with 22-250. What caliber Axis do you have?

usnavyvet
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Update - I did find several sites with 22-250. What caliber Axis do you have?

308 Win. I did purchase the camo DBMs from Savage, so I'm set. Still don't understand why they don't have these in stock anywhere. But my issue is resolved.

Bladed45TN
07-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Savage still sold out. Checking Gun Broker. If anyone else see .308s anywhere PM or email me. Thanks

82boy
07-16-2011, 11:00 AM
The Edge/Axis uses a unique way of mounting the magazine box. The use a standard Savage center feed magazine box, and then place a plastic cap on it, which includes the release. The ONLY place that I know that sells these magazines is Savage. If they are out of stock, you will just have to wait until they are back in stock.

Bladed45TN
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
After checking Savagestore, they DID have some .308 left in CAMO which was also the same as some other calibers :o