PDA

View Full Version : Duramaxx for Centerfeed rifles (DBM, etc.)

snipecatcher
06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Just got off the phone with a nice lady from Bell and Carlson. She said they have no intentions of making any stocks for the newer Savages except for Medalists. She said they make stocks for many of the OEM's, and the market is demanding heavy tactical type stocks, so that is what they are concentrating on. She told me to check with McMillan and HS Precision, they may have something. I've never owned a Duramaxx, but they seem to get good reviews. I have owned a Medalist, but no longer do. They are good for their purpose, but too heavy for what I want. I think it's ridiculous that the centerfeed action has been out this long and there is not a good lightweight stock for it. I want a 22-ish inch varmint barrel in a somewhat light stock with a detachable mag. Is that too much to ask?

-Dan

BoilerUP
06-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Just got off the phone with a nice lady from Bell and Carlson. She said they have no intentions of making any stocks for the newer Savages except for Medalists. She said they make stocks for many of the OEM's, and the market is demanding heavy tactical type stocks, so that is what they are concentrating on.

And yet still no A2 Medalist for the long-action Savage...

VjjR
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I hate it! Hardly anything for centerfeed dbms. No featherweight laminates, no duramaxxs, I'm about to brake down and order a light weight manners.