PDA

View Full Version : Long range hunter in .338LM

joe0121
06-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Anyone know where I can get just the action of the new long range hunter in .338 LM? I can see the Target actions but I want the Lon range hunter so I can use the 5 round Magazines. ;D

I know me and every other guy out there. But man, Savage hit the nail on the head with this rifle!

snowpro440
06-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I called andrew at savage today and he stated that the new 338 lapua's wont be available till the end of july. I also asked if I could order one with a 30 inch barrel an he said no , I sure would like one with the 30 incher on one. I thought if you called the custom shop they would try to accomadate you . Maybe i could ask someone else there when i call back .

rjtfroggy
06-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Call the same number back,go to ext.6 and ask for Effie Sullivan, she seems like the person in the know there (custom shop). If it can be done she will get it done.
From other post it could be as much as 3 month wait.Other way call Jim Briggs and get an after market barrel in what ever length or cotour you want and be done with it.

snowpro440
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
rjtfroggy= called savage again today an talked to effie , she was very helpfull . She told me that the 338 lapua H-S will be released to distributors in 3-4 weeks an I should give her a call back in about 4 weeks or so . She said she will be able to custom order a 30" barrel for me an its not a problem at all , she didnt have priceing sheet yet but it should not be much cost at all. Thanks for the help. I guess I will be ordering one in 4 weeks..cant wait !

brtelec
06-26-2011, 11:32 AM
If you order a rifle from the custom shop with a 30" barrel won't you have to pay straight retail plus the additional cost of the barrel? I know that at first they may be hard to come by, but soon after the release of these rifles the street prices will be considerably lower than MSRP. I would think you could buy one at a reasonable price sell the 26" barrel easily and then barrel it with a top quality custom barrel for less than retail. That is unless I am missing something in regards to this particular rifle.

sinman
06-26-2011, 04:50 PM
street price should be $900-950ish retail is $1213.00

brtelec
06-27-2011, 03:12 AM
That is what I figured and I would think there should be very little problem moving the original barrel. Someone would jump on that in a hurry.

snowpro440
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
If you order a rifle from the custom shop with a 30" barrel won't you have to pay straight retail plus the additional cost of the barrel? I know that at first they may be hard to come by, but soon after the release of these rifles the street prices will be considerably lower than MSRP. I would think you could buy one at a reasonable price sell the 26" barrel easily and then barrel it with a top quality custom barrel for less than retail. That is unless I am missing something in regards to this particular rifle.

I am not sure of the price as of yet, but if this is the case with paying full retail, I will just order it an get a custom barrel put on ... I dont see the reason for the extra charge but I will let you know next month.

joe0121
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Another reason I like it is the ejection port looks smaller than standard savage actions so I would assume it would be a stiffer action. I am working on a Stevens .308 build so that will keep me occupied. I was thinking about trying a .338 LM build on a target action some day as well.