PDA

View Full Version : Fitting question.. 111 30-06

Doby45
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I am looking at getting the blind magazine featherweight thumbhole stock at Boyds for my 111 30-06. The model I have is stagger feed and it has the magazine that can be dropped using the button on the side. I have thought about two different options and want to see the feasibility of my options.

1. I could just convert the rifle to blind magazine and just be done with it.

2. I have considered getting the stock mentioned above and inletting it to make it work with the side button and bottom drop magazine. It would appear that some creative inletting on the bottom would allow the magazine to drop fine and then it would be an issue of location the side button.

Anyone see some "gotchas" that I might be missing? Thank you in advance for looking...

LHitchcox
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
From your description, I suspect you have a 110C. It is what is called a J series which has an odd spacing for the action screws. Few of the currently available stocks will fit. The stock on my 110CL (left hand) is a nice walnut, so I am happy to leave it alone.

Measure the hole spacing and go from there.

gotcha
06-13-2011, 03:29 PM
You haven't missed this " gotcha" ;D You might check Numrich for applicable stocks & by all means check your action screw spacing.

rjtfroggy
06-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Forget Numrich, they won't have a side button release.If you are up to a challenge try the Boyd's(it is only 100$) but be fore warned it will be a challenge.
My advice for what it is worth, go with the blind mag conversion,very easy to do and you won't regret it,this is the way I went with my 11c 243 and it turned out better than I thought but I prefer blind mags anyway.

Doby45
06-13-2011, 07:36 PM
From your description, I suspect you have a 110C. It is what is called a J series which has an odd spacing for the action screws. Few of the currently available stocks will fit. The stock on my 110CL (left hand) is a nice walnut, so I am happy to leave it alone.

Measure the hole spacing and go from there.

Actually from my description, I have a 111 with 5" spacing on the action screws. Why would you just assume I have a 110C when I already stated it was a 111?

bootsmcguire
06-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Actually from my description, I have a 111 with 5" spacing on the action screws.
I have the exact same one. Pretty standard model.

Before you inlet for a DBM, you may want to concider if the stock you have choosen has enough meat to it to handle the 30-06 once you inlet in the hole for the mag. Just a thought.

Doby45
06-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I am looking at the Boyd's Thumbhole laminate stock. I am thinking worst case scenario I can get the stock and use it as a blind mag stock as it is intended and down the road I may see if I can make it a DBM with the side release button. ;)