PDA

View Full Version : VLP stock/bull barrel

Tnslim
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Can a laminated VLP stock be safely rowled out to freefloat a bull barrel? Would any strengthening be necessary? I expect to coat the affected area with poly urethane for sealing.

rjtfroggy
06-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Not that much difference between a varmint barrel and a bull, use a 1" dowel and sand paper and go slow so as not to end up uneven.You will not have to reinforce the stock there won't be much strength loss. I have done a few from sporter to varmint and have not had a problem.

gotcha
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Froggys advise is good & he has lots experience w/ after mkt stocks. The bbl channel on my vlp is slightly wider than the smallest dia. of the bbl nut. So there's a good chance you won't need to relieve the channel at all ;) The vlp is a VERY nicely made stock. I recently bought a Stocky's Lam. & wished I'd bought another vlp. ............... More expensive but one H--l of a lot less work. My vlp did require that the tang needed to be clearanced in order to "float". Hope this helps, Dale

gotcha
06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
OOPS ! My bad. Should have said STOCK needed to be clearanced to allow "float" at tang. This is what happens when I get too much Vodka in my tang ::) Dale

1Shot
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
...A bull bbl. works just fine...1.055 dia. ...223...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/sqek/TN.jpg

Tnslim
06-13-2011, 11:35 PM
That's great news to hear, now one less excuse to ordering that barrel. Thanks guys.