PDA

View Full Version : Screws in the stock

Martin
06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I saw a Stocky stock I want but the screws were 4 3\8 apart. I measured mine and they are 4 1\4 apart. How makes a stock with that screw placement? Why would they change the screw placement on the savage 1\8?? Mine is a 12bvss-s. ???

Martin

airaddict
06-12-2011, 07:55 PM
i thought stockys makes both? more of the 4.2 than the newer 4.4........cuz i have a centerfeed 4.4 and its harder to find stocks but recently more and more are starting to carry them.

brian b

Martin
06-12-2011, 08:11 PM
My Savage is a single shot I bought new in 2000. All I saw was the 4.40
Thanks, Martin

dfwbob
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I saw a Stocky stock I want but the screws were 4 3\8 apart. I measured mine and they are 4 1\4 apart. How makes a stock with that screw placement? Why would they change the screw placement on the savage 1\8?? Mine is a 12bvss-s. ???

Martin

You did not say which stock you are looking for, but I have had good luck with Tactical Works. I just received a B&C Tactical Varmint from them literally not 30 minutes ago. $ 231.00 shipped to my door. Mine is the 4.2 (stagger feed spacing). Hope this helps.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Stocks/

bootsmcguire
06-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Stockys does offer some of the stocks in the older 4.27 spacing and some in the new 4.40 spacing. Some are available for both, others just one spacing or the other and not both. Stockys makes a great stock as I have 2 of the Hart LRT's but their customer service needs improvement. Called over two dozen times since March to get pillars that I was charged for and have not received. Have yet to talk to someone that can help. Would love to order some more stocks from them but if I can't get $10 pillars then what happens when I get shipped the wrong stock or something? Just my $.02 and $.02 ain't worth much.

Try them out, maybe you will have better luck.