PDA

View Full Version : change to detach-mag and a 2nd question about Savage and left handed stocks?

Deserthunter
06-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I have a 12FLV that's had a lot of work done on it, however I would love "just" one or two more little tweaks ---

1st, The rifle presently has a 6.5x47Lapua barrel and it shoots very well, I would like to change over to a detachable magazine though, can you tell me what steps I need to do and will the 6.5 feed ok from a detachable mag?

2nd, I would like to know if Savage makes the Accu-stock in a lefty? If not who else makes a "good" lefty stock? I presently have a Choate Varmint stock on the rifle, it shoots great but very heavy, any ideas? It seems like I've looked forever and have run out of ideas for a nice left handed either laminated or solid stock......

Thanks, Desert

chewcudda
06-09-2011, 04:34 AM
answer to your second question 10 FLCP-K and 16 FLHSS has left handed accustock. dont know about the first.

on a side note how much you want for that choate stock.

chewy

tinkerer
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Also availabel on sale at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=711399

Larry
Tinkerer

chewcudda
06-09-2011, 09:14 PM
hoping it was centerfeed not staggered

Handloader
06-09-2011, 11:44 PM
If not who else makes a "good" lefty stock? I presently have a Choate Varmint stock on the rifle, it shoots great but very heavy, any ideas? It seems like I've looked forever and have run out of ideas for a nice left handed either laminated or solid stock......

Thanks, Desert

Stockade Stocks....Owned by Kevin Rayhill. I have three of his stocks and two that I am currently waiting for. Good product, light, made to your length of pull, and inlet for your action. The money saver stocks do not take a long time to finish (I also have a Manners stock and a AICS in a Rem, I say this so you can use your judgment about my impression of Rayhill's work).
The turnaround is about 16 weeks, but everything in this game is a long wait. Kevin is unique and has strong opinions.....forewarned ;) ;)
I hope this thread does not get locked, because I mentioned a competitor to the websites owners.

Deserthunter
06-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the posts, I'll check into all of them......

chewcudda --- As soon as I know about replacing the Choate, I'll let you know....