PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a barrel nut wrench and recoil lug.

MikeSSS
10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
The rifle is a stagger feed, AccuTrigger 16 FSS.

After reading about flat ground replacement recoil lugs preventing flyers, on this forum, I'm planning to replace the recoil lug.

This will be the first time I remove a factory barrel, there are posts about barrel blocks to grip the barrel during the removal process. Any info about these?

Thanks

dcloco
10-31-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.mcreesprecision.net/buy_direct.htm

For the barrel nut wrench....there is no better. You can pay more, but there is none better. Make sure you tell him Nebraska sent him to you.

I prefer the recoil lugs that Northlander sells. I usually buy 4 or 5 at a time.

82boy
10-31-2009, 05:42 PM
If you want the best, then look no place else than Sharp Shooters supply.

durango
11-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Mike-
Don't have a recommendation on a wrench, but I'd sure like to know what you have read about the recoil lugs causing flyers. I have a model 10 in .204 that is keyholing-badly. Would like to learn anything I can about this before I send the rifle back to Savage.
Thanks, Steve

82boy
11-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Mike-
Don't have a recommendation on a wrench, but I'd sure like to know what you have read about the recoil lugs causing flyers. I have a model 10 in .204 that is keyholing-badly. Would like to learn anything I can about this before I send the rifle back to Savage.
Thanks, Steve

I know why it is key-holing. Your key-holing problem is caused by a carbon build-up. (This is common for the 204 ruger) Clean the barrel with JB, and the problem will be gone.