PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble fitting a SSS Comp Trigger.....

L.H. Clark
06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I've not messed with one of these before and it's not a "drop-in" fit apparantly. I kind of thought it would be given Frank Moreo is considered a "god" of Savage rifle technology. I know things are not perfect with anything though, but I am going to have to do a "little" filing to get this sucker to go. Bad thing is.......I've got my factory trigger down to 3lbs even with no creep and very little take up. It feels really nice, but I wanted to see what all the "hubbub" was about with the SSS. I will post pics tomorrow and let all of you guys that have installed one before school me on what's what.

L.H. Clark

82boy
06-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Do not file on it , before talking to FRED (Not Frank) Moreo. The trigger is fitted the way it is for a reason, once you figure it out, you will see that it is a drop in fit.

JW
06-04-2011, 06:31 AM
+1 what 82boy said
When I received my trigger and started to install, I thought I was going to have to modify it too.
(not the notch cut out shown in the instructions)
The bolt/pin holes did not line up

But after looking and scratching my head a little, got it installed.
The trigger sets in position a little different than I was initially trying to install it.
It is a great trigger!!
Jack

FW Conch
06-04-2011, 07:57 AM
LH, I am looking forward to your picture post because I also had trouble installing mine, plus there is the added confusion with the directions stating that modifications may need to be made. Jim

gotcha
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
LH, I'm also looking forward to your pics. I have a SSS on hand & will be installing soon on a new build (as soon as the devcon dries) Thanks, Dale