PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New MKII BV...

Walt T
06-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Picked this up on Sunday. Brought it home, detail cleaned, pillared the action, and mounted a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X40 scope.
Range this weekend hopefully....
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af120/Radar-1/003-19.jpg

Vance in AK
06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Beautiful gun!

I just dug mine out of the closet. It has been put away for almost 2 yrs & only had a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Took it out with my 17 yr old daughter today (she hasn't shot 10 rds through a rifle in the last 3 yrs, very limited before that). It has a BSA Sweet 22 scope on it & she was breaking clay birds at 55 yds right off. Inside of 20 rds she was breaking small pieces (1-1.5"?) of clay birds with alarming regularity! She was shooting from a picnic table, using a cheap plastic pistol rest under the forearm & no rest under the buttstock, using the Winchester bulk (333) hollowpoints.
We were there to shoot her graduation present, a new S&W mod 22A, but before long she was letting the 22A sit so she could shoot my Savage. I think I may have created a monster!
I definetly want to pillar bed it & get the heavy bottom metal for it. The plastic & stamped tin has no place on a rifle that shoots like this.
I forgot how much fun rimfires are!!!! Haven't shot anything but my large bore hunting guns (480 Ruger SRH & 450 Marlin Guide Gun) for a couple years.

Have fun at the range! You have a winner there. ;D